Adults are big children with bills, responsibilities, and even kids of their own. Have a little fun and play with Uncle Sam. Here are some ways I express my inner child.
- Bounce a ball and play catch. The ball will bounce back. See if someone catches and bounces the ball. Lighten up, it’s not that serious.
- Run for no reason. I’m not talking about jogging in a formulaic way to lost weight or stay in shape. Just run for no damn reason.
- Spread your arms and show some spirit fingers. Let it flow, it just might make you happy.
- Dance a little bit. If you could moonwalk, I’ll give you a dollar or some change, I live in New York City.
- Give people nicknames for no reason. Their names will be easier to remember and you’ll have a special connection. For instance, slinky for skinny, biggie for a big person, and middle if you are not too big or too small.
- Go to the park and just swing and sway as high as you can go.
- Remember that nobody cares and never forget to share
What I’m saying is to have a little fun. Let loose a little bit. Get on the seesaw ladder. Ride the Ferris wheel. Do things for no absolute reason you just might feel better. On that note, I’m going to take my own advice and fly.
The Daily Prompts of Childhood inspired this post.